Would your Beaver Colonies or Cub Pack like to get a taste of the JamboRí?
Good news! We are now accepting bookings for JamboRí Beaver and Cub Day which takes place on Saturday 28th July 2018 in Stradbally, Co. Laois from 10am-4pm.
Join us for a day of exciting programme activities and an opportunity to see a Scout and Venture Scout JamboRí in action. The day will include half a day of programme activities and half a day spent touring the JamboRí site (including a visit to the older sections’ Patrol and Crew sites).
The theme of JamboRí is Stories Begin Here. Visiting the Sub Camps, the Beavers and Cubs will pass through different lands from famous stories such as Neverland, Hogsmeade and Middle Earth! The Programme Zones they will see and participate in follow the tales of Trailblazers- individuals who have inspired others in their field of discovery and expertise.
Beaver Scouts will follow the story of Queen Medb of Connacht; a legendary figure in Irish folklore, known most famously for stealing the Brown Bull of Ulster from Conor Mac Nessa. She blazed the trail for her people and her warriors were willing to die for her cause because of her passion and strength.
Cub Scouts will follow the story of Neil Armstrong; Astronaut, Eagle Scout, Moonwalker, Naval Officer, Test Pilot, Engineer, College Professor. He carried a World Scout badge to the moon on Apollo 11 and has ancestral roots in counties Fermanagh and Tyrone.
The cost per participant (Beaver/Cub/Accompany Scouter) is €15 and includes a JamboRí Badge, participant lanyard and map.
How to Book
How to book on my.scouts.ie:
- Go to Manage Group
- Click the Events tab
- A list of events will appear for the current year (2018).
- Click View Event to see further details of the event.
- If you wish to book places click Book Now and from there you can select the number of participants you wish to book and to enter special/dietary requirements
- You can then select the members you wish to book and choose to pay online or pay by cheque/eft.
- If there is no Book Now button it means the event is booked out or closed.
- If a group cannot find or select a youth member it means they are not eligible to attend. This may be due their age criteria, or if they are not listed as being part of the section.
- If a group cannot find or select an adult member it means they are not eligible to attend. This may be due their vetting not being marked complete in the membership system.
- When an applicant books an event they have the information for the information pack.
- Groups must make payment by date due. If they don’t pay by the correct time they will forfeit their place and they will be automatically removed from the event.
Beaver & Cub Scout Day