JamboRí 2018 will take place in Stradbally Hall, Co. Laois. (Pronounced Lee-sh) This site is well known for hosting large events such as The Electric Picnic (a music & arts festival). Participants should aim to arrive to site between morning and mid-afternoon on Wednesday 25th of July. Please arrive in plenty time to pitch your site and be prepared for the opening ceremony and following days of programme!
You can get directions to the site location here.
Travel to JamboRí
More exact travel info will be provided in an info pack closer to the event.
Buses and minibuses will proceed to a designated bus drop-off point.
Weather permitting, vans and trailers will proceed to three designated drop-off points. Troops/Units are advised to have a trek-cart, trolley or buggy to transport their equipment from the drop-off point to their campsite. A limited number of trolleys will be available for Groups travelling from overseas for this purpose. It will NOT be possible for vans and/or trailers to go directly to the Troop/Unit sites.
Space will be at a premium, so:
- Parking for Accompanying Scouters and JamboRi Service Team (JST) is limited. Bring private vehicles only if absolutely necessary. Pool transport if at all possible.
- Troops/Units intending to keep transport on site will need to apply to the Administration Team for a parking pass. NO PASS – NO PARKING.
- These passes will allow access to the Scouter and JST car park ONLY. There will be no cars on the actual campsite.
Getting to Ireland
Check out visa a passport arrangements for getting to Ireland – available through the Department of Foreign Affairs Website.
For groups travelling from overseas, assistance may be provided in advising on methods of transport by emailing email@example.com.
Ireland has several international airports:
- Belfast City Airport (BHD)
- Belfast International Airport (BFS)
- Cork Airport (ORK)
- Derry Airport (LDY)
- Donegal Airport (CFN)
- Dublin Airport (DUB)
- Ireland West Airport Knock (NOC)
- Kerry Airport (KIR)
- Shannon Airport (SNN)
- Waterford Airport (WAT)
Cork, Dublin and Shannon some of the best situated for travelling by public transport or motorway to Stradbally Hall.
The Closing Ceremony of JamboRi ’18 will take place on the evening of 1st August 2018. Individual Sub-Camp Closing Ceremonies will take place before midday 2nd August 2018. Groups should plan to depart on the morning or afternoon of 2nd August 2018.